Building an email list is hard work, but we know its so important. For business owners, email lists can yield dramatic rewards. According to Direct Marketing Association, email marketing on average sees a 4300 percent return on investment (ROI) for businesses in the US.
You produce amazing content as an expert in your field and want to share it with the world, but if you simply put an email sign up form on your website, you’re missing out on some prime opportunities to grow your email list. Think about all the places you have a presence online; those are all places you’re reaching potential subscribers.
So, think beyond your website and make it beyooond easy for them to see, click and sign up! Here’s 6 places you can put your email sign up form link.
First things first, you’ll want to get a hold of your email sign up form url. There’s two options to use here:
- You can login to your email marketing provider and copy the sign up form url. If there’s not a short url option, head to goo.gl to convert your lengthy one into a short and sweet one.
- Or, you can embed your sign up form on a dedicated page of your website, i.e. www.yourwebsite.com/signup
Now that you have your sign up form url, let’s add it to your:
- Email Signature:
- Login to your email account and locate your email signature.
- Under your name and contact information, add a call to action like “Click Here for Free Weekly Resources” or “Sign Up to be the First to See New Arrivals” followed by a link to your url.
- Facebook Business Page:
- Log into your Facebook account and go to your business page.
Click “+ Add a Button” below your cover photo.
- Select the “Get In Touch” option from the dropdown menu, then choose “Sign Up”
- Enter the url of your sign up form in the empty field provided.
- Click “Add Button”.
- Twitter Profile:
- Log into your Twitter account and click on “Settings” from dropdown menu at the top of the screen.
- Click on the “Profile” tab.
- On the Profile tab look for a box labeled “Website”.
- Paste the shortened URL.
- Click “Save Changes”.
- Instagram Profile:
- Go to your profile.
- Tap “Edit Profile” at the top of the screen.
- Type your URL to your website field.
- Click “Done”.
- Pinterest Profile:
- From your profile click the bolt button.
- Scroll down to the “Profile” section.
- Customize your bio with a call to action followed by your sign up URL.
- Click “Save Settings” when finished.
- LinkedIn Profile:
- Log into your LinkedIn account.
- Mouse-over the “Profile” icon.
- Select “Edit Profile” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Edit Contact Info”.
- Click on the “Pencil” icon next to Website.
- Enter your sign-up form URL into the available space.
These are all free and easy places to grow your email list fast. So, just how fast can you expect results? Here’s the breakdown on the average click through rate for each sign up link location.
Finding more ways to promote your sign up link and grow your email list? Leave a comment and share your ideas!